William “Bill” Irwin has been practicing law in Brownsville since 2011. Bill has represented individuals and businesses in a broad range of transactional and litigation matters. His primary practice areas are in local government law, real estate law, probate and guardianship law, and business and commercial law. Bill is also a licensed escrow officer and provides real estate closing services through the firm’s fee attorney relationship with Edwards Abstract and Title Company.
Bill was born and raised in Brownsville. Upon finishing high school at St. Joseph Academy, he attended The University of Texas at Austin where he graduated in 2008 with honors and special honors in Government. In 2008, Bill was named a Williams Jennings Bryan Scholar for an outstanding thesis in Government.
Bill received his Doctor of Jurisprudence from the University of Mississippi in 2011. During his time in Oxford, Bill served as a senior member of The Civil Legal Clinic’s Low-Income Houston Division, which is devoted to providing legal services to less fortunate individuals and families facing eviction or foreclosure.
Outside of work Bill enjoys spending time with his wife, Cynthia, and their son, William Jr., reading, and playing golf.
- Estate Planning
- Probate Law
- Real Estate Law
- Local Government Law
- Business and Commercial Law
- Texas, 2011
- University of Mississippi School of Law, University, Mississippi
- Doctor of Jurisprudence – 2011
- Honors: The Civil Legal Clinic’s Low-Income Housing Division, Senior Member
- The University of Texas, Austin, Texas – 2008
- Honors: William Jennings Bryan Scholar for an Outstanding Undergraduate Thesis in Government